Monday, December 13, 2010

Swimming in a polluted sea

I had an interesting thought on the way to work this morning. I was thinking of the rat race; how every day is the same.

I get up early and go to work. I drink coffee and sit at my desk doing what I can to keep a job. Somewhere some rich guy's bank account has money deposited because I am there at my desk greasing the machine that keeps money flowing into his account. While I get a meager pay check and make ends meet, there I am every morning doing my thing until the day:
A. My job becomes obsolete,
B. They downsize me and ship my job overseas where someone will do the same thing at slave labor rates,
C. I get sick and can't work anymore,
D. I die.

Sounds fun doesn't it? Well, this is the life, "if we are lucky," that many of us face. It is a struggling life style in the United States.

Many may say, "Be glad you have a job." So what if I haven't had a decent raise in many years, even though I've been complimented for my hard work? So what if the company that I work for has posted record profits over the last couple years? The common mantra of the times is, "You have a job, so sit down and shut up!"


Just before I arrived at work, I thought, "We are all just fish swimming in a polluted sea filled with dirty oil, used paper towels, and diapers. The world is corrupt, dirty, and  rotten. It is filled with evil teletubby McDonalds death burgers."

We all survive by hiding in the rocks to avoid the sharks and we are acclimated to the pollution even though it makes us sick.

I guess my point is: We all want justice and fairness. But it isn't going to happen 100% of the time. If I had advice that I thought might help it would be this.

1. Just have a good attitude (in the midst of your circumstances).
2. Do your best.
3. Do everything with conviction and never give up.
4. Don't eat fast food, even in moderation. It is designed to make you addicted.
4. Remember that life is short and that we are all just passing through.

Life is sometimes pain and it is meant to be that way so we can learn a thing or 2 before we are off to the other side.

2 comments:

  1. Deep thought, "Swimming In a Polluted Sea". And it is hard to keep one head above the water line. I have found with my life the only way is in the Lord Jesus who is the Christ and Lord of my life. Thanks for getting me to start to think again.
    Your friend Jim H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Jim. I can tell you that he pulled me from the water drowning. Without Jesus I am sunk...

    Stay tuned for more to come.
    Have a great Holiday!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete